Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: someone answer this for me
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:42 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

I traded my car on here to a real nice couple. Its been about 3 months since i traded him the car, i got in the mail a card from the dmv saying i owe taxes on the car. But I had paid all the taxes on the car when i first bought the car. Now with me getting that card would that mean the guy i gave the car to hasnt got it out of my name? im really new at the whole car stuff with titles i always had people to take car of it for me. so let me know what it might mean. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:01 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

call the DMV and they should be able to pull it up and see if it has been changed over. Just tell them the date you sold it and you might have to go down there and show them but i will be taking care of.

[QUOTE=sd1988us]I traded my car on here to a real nice couple. Its been about 3 months since i traded him the car, i got in the mail a card from the dmv saying i owe taxes on the car. But I had paid all the taxes on the car when i first bought the car. Now with me getting that card would that mean the guy i gave the car to hasnt got it out of my name? im really new at the whole car stuff with titles i always had people to take car of it for me. so let me know what it might mean. Thanks[/QUOTE]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:07 am 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

When you sell a car you are supposed to notify the Dmv. If you have something like a bill of sale the sity might actually owe you a refund for a couple of months since you didnt use it all of what you paid for. The easiest way to let the dmv know is to turn you tag in. Most of the time they will ask you why your giving it back and you just let em know you sold the car and they will print you a reciept. You can then take that reciept to the city and they will get you a refund. He probably has taken out of your name alot of times the dmv just dosent know.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]