Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Who Are You Kidding?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

For those of you out there trying to sell your bone stock 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder Mustangs & Camaros. Why do you insist on putting it in the "Muscle Car" category? You ain't foolin nobody. Besides, If I see it in that category I just change it to the "Domestic" category anyways so stop trying. As a Supercharged SVT Cobra Mustang owner this bothers me.

Patrick@Mautofied.com
Site Administrator
Mautofied Inc.
(714) 982-2051

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:58 am 

Well patrick, as a Ford employee of 22 yrs i must stand you corrected, The Bodystyle "Mustang" in general is in fact considered a muscle car by its builder and intent, Be it a 4, 6, or 8 cyl, Ford bosts its edge over compitition. and so you know, there are many 11-12 second 6 cyls here at local tracks. I agree with you on what we the old school people belive is a true muscle car. But times have changed, today, 4 cyls are running in low 11`s on the street, and my friend that is as much muscle as you need. Sorry to bust your bubble, But you as an admin should post a retraction, You are incorrect...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pat and Sam,

I love conversations like this one because it delivers two opinions on a united topic. A ford ranger is not an "import" but it could be a mini truck, lifted truck, domestic, etc. With modified vehicles it is all about the owners passion and what they feel their ride is. That being said, you still get those guys who like to be difficult and constantly put listings in the wrong category. Thanks Pat for helping with that, and thank you Sam for the great information.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:39 am 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This 1966 Pontiac GTO is an example of classic muscle.
Hemi-powered 1970 Plymouth Road Runner.

Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high performance automobiles.[1][2] At its most widely accepted the term refers to American 2-door rear wheel drive mid-size cars of the late 1960s and early 1970s equipped with large, powerful V8s and sold at an affordable price for street use and drag racing, formally and informally.[3][4][5][6]

As such, they are distinct from two-seat sports cars and expensive 2+2 GTs intended for high-speed touring and road racing.

Building on the American phenomenon and developing simultaneously in their own markets, muscle cars also emerged in their own fashions in Australia, South Africa, the UK and elsewhere.

Though the notion of a muscle car as an American two-door with a big engine sold at an affordable price for street and drag racing is generally held, there is much blurring around its edges.

According to a contemporary issue of Road Test magazine (June 1967), a "muscle car" is "Exactly what the name implies. It is a product of the American car industry adhering to the hot rodder's philosophy of taking a small car and putting a BIG engine in it [...] The Muscle Car is Charles Atlas kicking sand in the face of the 98 hp (73 kW) weakling."[7] Author of the book Muscle Cars the quote is drawn from, Peter Henshaw, furthers that the muscle car was designed for straight-line speed, and did not have the "sophisticated chassis", "engineering integrity" or "lithe appearance" of European high-performance cars[7]

Opinions vary as to whether high-performance full-size cars, compacts, and pony cars qualify as muscle cars

You can read more at this address:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well Sam I have to disagree with ya on that one. I am not referring to the 11 and 12 second 4 and 6 cylinder cars out there because the ones on here are bone stock and probably would have a hard time outrunning my buddy's golf cart. People on Mautofied who are in the market for a muscle car should not have to sift through all these stock 4 & 6 cylinder cars in our "Muscle Car" category. Therefore when I see them in there I will re-post them in the "Domestic" category. Camaros also fall into this as I have seen plenty these smaller engine cars misplaced in the "Muscle Car" category too. So If you posted your small engine car in the wrong category, it was me that moved it. I feel that this is my job as a site administrator to do this service for our members. We might just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Patrick@Mautofied.com
Site Administrator
Mautofied Inc.
(714) 982-2051

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:05 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Id have to say im on the same page with patrick on his last post, I do the same thing. They are what they are and not what they are not.

ADDITIONALLY, IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE (!FREE!) LISTING FOR THE SAME VEHICLE..I WILL FIND IT AND I WILL DELETE IT.

LISTINGS THAT ARE FREE ARE FOR YOU TO TRY THE SITE OUT AND SEE HOW WELL IT WORKS NOT TO POST 5,6,7 DIFFERENT ANGLES OF THE SAME CAR.

TRY PURCHASING AN AD...THEY WORK, I SHOULD KNOW I USE THEM AND HAVE TWO OF THEM NOW.

YOU MAY HAVE AS MANY AD'S AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO PAY FOR...I CERTAINLY WONT ARGUE.

ALSO 999,999 IS NOT A REAL PRICE. LAST TIME I CHECKED THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO VEHICLE ON MAUTOFIED EVEN NEAR THAT VALUE.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE AT THE TOP OF THE LIST, MAUTOFIED OFFERS A "BUMP MY AD" SERVICE AND IT IS CHEAP....IF I SEE THIS I WILL MAKE YOUR LISTING $1 AND YOU WILL MOVE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST, CORRESPONDINGLY MAKING YOUR AD $1 WILL NOT HELP YOU EITHER.

THANK YOU, GOOD LUCK

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:01 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

so much love on Mautofied. Hi Brad how are you doing?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

...Word!

As being an administrator for as long as I have and being associated with Mautofied even longer, I see the same arguments over and over and over again. Its an impossible end to the "fake" pricing, and the "misplaced" ads, etc. I have been there done that, tried to prevent it, but you will find yourself at a never ending pursuit at justification.

....perhaps we could just find a way in the programming?? lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:47 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Well i think that everybody is doing a great job. Mark,Benny and Brad i have all talked to you guys and joked around just keep it up and if you need more help just let me know. Some people on here try to take things for granite and be for long with help from everybody things will come together.

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:40 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Mikey! Im super straight. Trying to convince the elder Admin up there to trade me for my 2005 Acura tl, buuuut he loves his Suburban so no such luck.

I'll tell you what, one thing about being an admin is instead of just being able to stare at things that need correcting I can do something about it now. I'm proud as I know all the other admins are to be able to help some. Even if its a little, I know I made things a little better and maybe improved the next guy's experience. Mautofied is a great place and the only one of it's kind. I remember when I joined seeing Eric, Benny and Mark and thinking wow these guys are the real deal here on Mautofied and Im honored to be able to help them where I can.
I'm also pleased to have met Marshall, he and I speak frequently and he has done a good job of showing the ropes so to speak.
I hope Mautofied and the powers that be will continue to find me useful.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next