Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 2 mezmerides members robbed my sister!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:20 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

So what do we do when we both show up at the same show, pop a tent with the same name on our banners?
Not that it's all that probable that we would be at the same show (only because you are building more minis, whereas I'm doing more classic cars and I more prone to frequent the street rod runs and shows).
I guess that would make for some interesting conversations.

We're not all that different when it comes down to it (which is kind of weird, but kind of explains how this happened). I'm about the same age, almost as many kids as you, been doing paint and body for about the same amount of time, and apparently, we both got into mini trucks about the same time in life (me since 1989 with my first Toyota).
I ended up building street rods more than minis, and moved into classic car restoration before getting my own shop built.
The custom car industry has been a bit slower (I'm guessing this economy) around here, and most of my bills have been getting paid with insurance work (I thank God for hail storms lol).

Just so you're clear, I do appreciate the good work you're doing, and I still wish you success. Sorry if I may have been offensive earlier.
Also, so you know, I'm better at paint and graphics than the airbrush work you're doing, so those calls get forwarded on to you.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:25 pm 

thanks but i dont understand how u think u are better at paint and graphics then me i just had another one of mine come out in mini truckin the black 88 toyota u might want to check it out

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:53 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

sabastin wrote:
thanks but i dont understand how u think u are better at paint and graphics then me i just had another one of mine come out in mini truckin the black 88 toyota u might want to check it out

First off I was comparing myself (better at painting than airbrushing). It had nothing to do with my skill level compared to yours. I have never actually seen any of your work so I cannot judge it. Sure I can look at pictures online or in a magazine, but that doesn't say much. I can go to any car show, find the crappiest paint job on the lot, take some photos of it, and you would never know how bad it is by looking at the photos. We both know this as painters. Any paint job can look good 15 feet away.
As far as wether or not I'm "better" at painting than you, makes no difference to me. There are hundreds of people out there painting cars everyday in every town, and I believe 98% of them suck because they lack the attention to detail and will let anything slide. I have not lumped you together with that 98% based on magazine photos or pictures online, so don't go jumping up thinking you're better than me either considering you have not seen my work. If you read everything I wrote, you would have seen that I plainly stated that "I appreciate the good work you're doing". I guess you missed that part and simply misconstrued everything else I said.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:41 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

considering both you retards are on here selling hacked up junk noone wants it doesnt look like either of your paint skills are going to let you retire early.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:48 pm 

Amen /\ /\ LMAO........

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aaaaaand on that note. This topic has been retired. Nothing more to see here folks.... Move along...

Patrick@Mautofied.com
Site Administrator
Mautofied Inc.
(714) 982-2051

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2