Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: IT SEEMS THAT MAUTOFIED DOSEN’T CARE?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:15 pm 

I traded this guy two weeks ago and held out thus far but now everyone should know, DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY! I traded my 04 ION for his 2000 Explorer which I had specifically asked him if it was origional miles and he told me yes, it had low miles. I was very forward with the fact that my car had a salvage title and made certain that he had read my ad and knew it. Well here i detailed my car all out, told him about the two cracks in the plastic, even filled the [censored]er up with gas just before we met. He told me he had had the truck detailed(lie)then tells me he couldn't get it in, and gives me it with the low gas message on. All he ever told me about the truck was it had a dent in the bumper and he thought it may have been in an accident once. B.S.!!! this thing is pieced and parted together from straight junkyard [censored]. I saw the obvious when we met, bad body work and non matched paint, bad paint job, but I blew it all off because i figured I could just repaint it and it would be all worth it since it had such low miles. Well the [censored]er showed me the back of the title to see that he had signed it and then folded it up and handed it to me, i never looked at the front until i got home to see the words odometer discrepancy. so i do a carfax report and WOW, it was last titled with over 150,000 miles over a year ago, but take a look at his ad, 72,000 miles. NICE, this guy is the epitimy of s[censored], i even told him i was looking for a bigger vehicle to haul my kids in and he dosen't even have the decency to tell me that it dosen't have a safty latch on the hood. look at the ad-> http://www.mautofied.com/2004-Saturn-ion_Stock-Vehicles/list ing/100103461/ does he state that it has a salvage title at all? NO, well it does, I KNOW, I REBUILT IT. I've emailed MAUTOFIED twice and they've not responded so I guess it's up to me to start warning eveyone. If you've traded with him in the past, GET A CARFAX REPORT! He is a fraud, and he'll get his!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:47 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

seriously.... You agreed to the TOS agreement. Or did you not read or look at that closely either?? Do come on here blaming Mautofied for your messed up trade! We are not liable!!!

This is the same story.... People not paying attention or going above and beyond to check out the car they are trading for. Really?? I would expect this kind of behavior from other newer members, but I would have never thought you would make a thread like this..

Sorry bro, I am having a hard time feeling sorry for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:57 pm 

Did I once ask for your sympathy or blame you??? I emailed twice asking for simple guidance in what I could or could not persue or what athority to conatct as I was instructed to by the Ohio DOT, I got not one response. I never blamed this site nor held it accountable, I asked that you look into this user and see that he not take advantage of anyone else, but again he has listed my old car with absolutly no mention of the salvage title status. I find your response unprofessional and lacking in common moral with the whole "READ THE FINE PRINT B.S." Now for the sake of this guys next victim, do something about him. If you need proof of anything look at the messages in my account! I'll scan the title for you and send it to you, this guy is a straight up fraud.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:04 am 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

What was the guys name? I dont think i saw mention of who this guy is. Sorry this happened, I cant believe you didnt read the title though. I would have hauled ass when i got there and saw the shoddy ass paint and body work because god only knows what else is wrong if he didnt disclose that. He is still a dishonest guy whoever he is.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:43 am 

his name on here is BAMRACEING he has listed my old saturn which is salvage titled, but of course theres no mention of that. He said hes traded around 28 people so I'm sure theres others that may have got taken and still don't even know it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:52 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

[QUOTE=spootytang] Did I once ask for your sympathy or blame you??? I emailed twice asking for simple guidance in what I could or could not persue or what athority to conatct as I was instructed to by the Ohio DOT, I got not one response. I never blamed this site nor held it accountable, I asked that you look into this user and see that he not take advantage of anyone else, but again he has listed my old car with absolutly no mention of the salvage title status. I find your response unprofessional and lacking in common moral with the whole "READ THE FINE PRINT B.S." Now for the sake of this guys next victim, do something about him. If you need proof of anything look at the messages in my account! I'll scan the title for you and send it to you, this guy is a straight up fraud.[/QUOTE]

You're not getting it. You make a thread on Mautofied stating "we dont care" simply because WE cant help the fact that you did this trade irresponsibly, without common sense and not checking or covering ALL bases. It's the same story...

person agrees on trade. They meet. The person is SO EXCITED, and wants a trade that they DO NOT inspect or look over titles, check with carfax etc.

Seriously, how am I responding to you "unprofessionally?" You are the one who did the trade.... I could not be there and hold your hand and check the title, run a carfax, check with the DMV. Look, I feel bad that you "got took." However, there are ALWAYS 2 sides to every story. If he is truely listing your old car without stating it is a salvage title, I will look into that.

We (MAUTOFIED) are not and can not be responsible for trades that happen. You need to cover all bases and be very diligent when trading. I CAN NOT ban a member off 1 persons opinion. If others want to step forward and state their trading experience with this person.. fine. We could do something. But as we sit right now... let this thread serve as a warning to potiential buyers/traders for BOTH parties.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:30 am 

I'M NOT GETTING IT?????????? YOU, ARE THE ONE WHOS NOT GETTING IT! THE GUY IS ON HERE LISTING MY OLD VEHICLE WITH A SALVAGE TITLE AND NOT DISCLOSING IT. HE SCREWED ME AND I'M TRYING TO NOT LET HIM DO IT TO THE NEXT PERSON. I ALLREADY MESSAGED THE FIRST OFFER HE GOT AND OF COURSE HE HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE VEHICLE HAVING A REBUILT SALVAGE TITLE. I TOLD HOW HE SCREWED ME TO SHOW HOW FRAUDULENT HE CAN BE, NOT TO LOOK FOR SYMPATHY. I STATED YOU MUST NOT CARE BECAUSE HES GOING ON LOOKING FOR HIS NEXT VICTIM AND I EMAILED TWICE TO WARN YOU BUT NOTHING IS DONE. SO IF YOU WANT TO CATER TO CRIMINALS THEN KEEP LETTING HIM TRADE ON HERE!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:37 am 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Deep breath guys. Good luck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:09 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I just say screw him and turn him over to the authorities for odometer fraud

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:36 pm 

Thats what I'm in the process of, I never thought I'd get anything out of it. I just want to see him get fined so he think twice about doing it to someone else. The Ohio DOT has pretty strict laws about odometer fraud, there is actually a form that is supposed to be presented to the new owner of a vehicle with odometer discrepancy. I'm only waiting for the form from them to report him, I have all my emails saved including the carfax report. They will get copies of everything.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next