Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tough times........
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:00 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

well the thing that defers most people is the $1 price, i simple ask how much are you looking to get for you vehicle, then they reply with well what are you looking to spend (for some reason people always assume theyll get like 5 grand more than what their asking because someone makes an offer) shit like that just prolongs the whole experience and doesnt make you wanna deal with them

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:48 pm 

Agreed^^^^. Seeing that $1 means one of two things.... 1) they are looking to trade because they think they will get more out of it and "trade up" or 2) they are looking to rip someone off.

This is a wonderful site and has alot to offer, I just wish everyone would come to their senses.... People also need to realize shipping cost/trip expenses. Although it is not the sellers problem, this goes along way helping out the buyer. Overall, he is the one about to drop thousands of dollars to purchase your item. This is not a local dealing site, it is nation wide and draws attention from every state.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:11 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

My experience has shown me that it's not just here, but everywhere I usually advertise. I don't even expect to do much locally here because the economy has hit my area bad. People are even difficult to sell junk to at the local flea markets. Lol. "If it ain't a dolla' they don't holla' "
Two years ago it wasn't bad for me, but the last months have been rough. Most of my money is floating around in investments (with for sale signs on them). It's becoming difficult to know what's good to invest in now. Even if you get something going that seems to have a good market, by the time you try to flip it, you hear crickets.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:43 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I personally have 2 listings on here for $1 the 88 Delta I have no idea how to price it? The 04 Colorado I'm just looking for trades. Just throwing it out there.

P.B.K

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:57 pm 

I have a $1 price on my truck.im not looking to "move up" nor am i trying to rip some one off.I just know for what my truck books for I would not sell it for that,and could not buy what I want with what my truck books for. My truck and the ones I've offered book for roughly the same.but like was said before,some trucks on this sight have a price for 150% over book value and those people actually think they will get that out of there vehicles.I've looked up on kbb.com the value of most of the vehicles I've offered and the value is close.give or take a few bucks.and I've also noticed 99% of vehicles on here with around 200,000 have a "new motor" but no proof.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:16 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

If I had $1 every time the $1 issue has been brought up on these threads my economy would be doing better :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:32 pm 

low_ranger wrote:
If I had $1 every time the $1 issue has been brought up on these threads my economy would be doing better :lol:

Lol :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:31 pm 

if i had 1 dollar for everytime someone said if i had a dollar for everytime, the economy would go so high people would really be selling their cars for a $1 lol no but in a serious note has anyone ever been called and asked how their car is and if they can get more pictures and then ask you if theres anything wrong with it only to ask why you're only asking $1 for it??? LOL :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:47 pm 

cloaiza506 wrote:
if i had 1 dollar for everytime someone said if i had a dollar for everytime, the economy would go so high people would really be selling their cars for a $1 lol no but in a serious note has anyone ever been called and asked how their car is and if they can get more pictures and then ask you if theres anything wrong with it only to ask why you're only asking $1 for it??? LOL :lol:

Lmfao!personally never had that happen but I came home one day from work and my brother was telling me about this set of wheels he found on the internet (on here) for 10 bucks.told me when he came to look on mautofied I was automatically signed in so he didn't create his own name and found a dude selling wheels for 10 bucks so he wrote them and asked if it was all 4 wheels for 10 bucks or 10 a piece.... :shock: are you kidding me? He really did and I had to take it on the chin when dude wrote me back.can't remember his exact words but he Wasent rude or a ass about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:44 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

My first truck on here a dodge ram 1500 single cab Daytona with the hemi in it with like 55,xxx, I literally just got done lifting on my way home some hillbilly calls me and goes i see ur truck on mautofied listed for a dolla em I was wondering if I could come by and buy it........ Then I tell him the real price and he says he's gonna sue me for putting up a price and having someone agree to it then saying a different price and saying it will be his truck in less than a month and if I didn't do it I'd have like 10,000 dollars in legal fees.......

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next