Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: LIFTED TRUCK QUESTION
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:39 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

(i know I should post it in the lifted truck column but I need quick advise)
I just bought an 06 ram 1500 and I'm looking to lift it but whats everything ill need to buy or upgrade to make it good this is what I have so far
-20" kmc
-37" nitto tires
-8" rough country suspension lift
Now idk what else I need or what brads r good for the rest like steering stabilizers or shocks or anything? Lmk any help would be greatly appreciated

Post subject: Re: LIFTED TRUCK QUESTION
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:17 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Im not sure about steering stabilizer.
Between different forums Ive seen people say Bilstein 5100 shocks are good.

P.B.K

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:06 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

ive seen alot of different set ups should i be goign with the like dual shocks or the single? also what is a rough estimate of the suspension lift and shocks installation?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:04 pm 

My HD has a rancho stablizer on it. I like it pretty good. Ive also seen duals that do good and reduces alot of wonder. As far as shocks its whatever you want to run and your billfold can do. If money is not an issue id look into FOX duals. My 6 inch rough country was about 700 and the leveling kit was 150 if i remember right. but i installed it. Hope this helps

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:38 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

It does help a lot I'm spending like 5k total on upgrades so like 1k on suspension 2,400 on rims and tires then shocks idk how much they'll cost and if I have enough then I'll put stealing stabilizers on it, idk how ppl come up with saying they put 15k into the truck while doing the same shit as that

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:57 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I charge about the same as most other offroad shops at about $100 per inch lift. More for complex lift kits or fabrication, but standard bolt on quality lift kits at $100 an inch.
You willnot really know if you need steering stabilizers until you are lifted and running the new tires. Typically, the larger the tire, the more need you will have for stabilizers. For a 37", a single may be enough.
For normal street driving and mild off road use, a single shock per corner setup would be just fine. Again, you will not know until you are lifted with the new tires on it. If you want to stiffen it up, THEN you cango double on each corner. Most people are fine with singles. Quality is better then quantity in that area. One good shock at each corner is better than two or more crappy shocks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:44 pm 

Right you are ^

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]