Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: terrible...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:59 pm 

Im in the same deal now. Except I'm the one your all talking about, not directly but "that guy". I offered to trade my truck for another truck on mautofied. The guy and I chatted back and forth, exchanged pics, negotiated our butts off to make it work. Then I told him I was going to be bringing a few of the items to a swap meet that I already committed to go to and that if something sold who knew what would happen. Well something did sell, AND I was supposed to start to his state (17.5 hours away, me going all the way) tomorrow, and then I get a text from my wife saying honey, im in labor, your not going anywhere.

Did I waste his time, YES, did I waste my time, YES. But sometimes things happen in life. It was supposed to be an easy deal to complete, my wife isnt due till halloween, so I technically had plenty of time, but babies happen.

Is the guy PISSED, probably, can you blame him, no! Do you blame me????

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:57 pm 

Things like that you really cant get mad at the person. I would be frustrated but as long the deal still went through i would be ok.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:15 pm 

thats just it, im not sure if it will go through or not, I sold a piece of the trade. But anyway. Just wanted to ramble in that in some few instances, life happens, and there is no way around it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:16 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

ratrodder18 wrote:
is it just me or does it seem like majority of people on here suck at getting back to you about listing questions? theres a couple of things i've been waiting to hear back on for a month or so and still haven't heard anything... you people fail :?

That poncho is pretty tight ratrodder !! 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:22 pm 

Ok I'm a newb to Mautofied but I'll throw my rant out here, lol...

I will admit I don't respond to every guy that sends me an offer...why? Because if you're going to ask if a person wants to trade you their 2005 Chevy Silverado with 75k miles to your 1999 Ford F-150 with 200k miles on it...guess what? You should already know the answer, lol.

I've had some ridiculous offers that, however not as ridiculous as the example given ^, are still so far out of the ballpark that it's an insult to even question me as to whether I would want to trade. I mean I'm fair and reasonable, but c'mon, just because the economy is in a dump right now doesn't mean we're not all hurting some from it, and it sure doesn't mean someone will be so charitable as to trade you a Caddy for your Ford Pinto, lol...

The part that irks me the most about it is when I have a listing that has the "specific" vehicles, etc. I would trade to...and no one pays enough attention to even READ the listing and possibly get their answer from such before even wasting his/her and my time by emailing about something I already stated I wouldn't trade for. But I know how it goes...like someone mentioned previously...you've got little Johnny who doesn't have the title to "his" car in his name, and though he probably doesn't have a hope to trade off what daddy won't let him, he'll still have his fun on the computer jerking people around making them think he's serious about a deal....it's garbage like that that makes me understand why folks my age and a bit younger aren't respected at large....most of them aren't grown up yet and try to act like they are...

Okay, that's all *steps off soapbox* LOL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:52 am 

What really sucks is when they act really excited about the car,tell you they love it so much they want to meet that night. You drive 2 hours to meet the person they look over your car and still love it, you look over theirs and like it. Then they go into the gas station to get the cash they told you they were bringing to make it even,come out and say its out of order lets head to the one down the way. They turn off in another direction and head back home with phone turned off.....WTF. Why even offer if you aren't sure you want to let go of your car? Why bullshit and waste someones time.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2