Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: "NEW MOTER"
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:33 am 

Any one else notice that on here if the vehicle you are looking at has over or around 200,000 miles it has a new moter?or one out of another vehicle with 100,000 miles.but no paperwork or pics of the swap/donor truck.why cant there be any 200,000 mile vehicles that have the stock moter?

Post subject: Re: "NEW MOTER"
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:14 am 

yea all motors and trannys always have a rebuild 10k-50k miles ago..its odd. but on the other hand theres nothing saying the vehicle doesnt. most people on here actually care about cars/trucks enough to actually do the rebuild or swap

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:46 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I've been saying the same thing for years. I would actually RATHER buy a vehicle with 200k that has been properly maintenanced the whole time than to have to speculate wether it really was "rebuilt or swapped". It's hard to trust people. Especially when they say it a rebuild or reman motor, yet it has the typical "10 years of dirt" embedded in it.
I think it's just an easy way for some to try to sell high mileage.
I have a Civic that has just passed 180k, but because it's always been properly maintained, it's never given any trouble, cylinder pressures are good, no smoke, no consuming oil, and still a great driver. No NEED for a new motor or rebuild.
Now on the other hand, if it drank a quart of oil each week, smoked like a deadhead, and ran crappy because of lack of maintenance, and I dumped it full of stop leak and other chems to cover it up so I could try to claim "new motor" just to scam someone, that is what would worry me. Used car lots know how to cover up problems, and so do alot of other people. "New motor"? Not without documentation!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:24 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

any Down Syndrome kid can photochop a fake "Documentation" for a so called rebuilt "MOTER".......so that argument is out of the window. again this falls in the category of "Caveat Emptor"

Q:Not sure if the seller is being truthful about the drivetrain mileage?

A:have a mechanic inspect it. from top to bottom. spend the extra $100 bucks to do so will save you a headache of buying a lemon in the long run. A dirty "Moter" doesn't mean is not new or been recently rebuilt. i would be more worried about an engine bay that looks like its been douched with armor all.

Q: Not Sure if seller is telling the truth about the "Moter" swap?

A: Be knowledgeable on that particular subject! dont be one of those people who dont do their homework on what to look for on a "moter" swapped ride...IE: Serial number of Block/heads to identify it is the best way to say for sure it is been swapped.

Q: still not sure about the honesty of a seller about his vehicle?

A: usually your gut instinct is right and i would go with it......just say "no thanks" and kick rocks on out of there.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]