Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Mautofied is very slow.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:19 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

It has been very hard for me to look at someones ad. Anyones. I can go to the community pretty easily no problem. Any other website takes not even 2sec. to load but if I try to view or report an ad, it takes 5min to load and I get a error code pop up on my screen saying it timed out. I know its not my computer. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem.

Post subject: Re: Mautofied is very slow.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:37 am 

I have the same problem.. all other sites work great but not this one. still love the site

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:39 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Yup, makes it VERY aggravating. One of the reasons that I just taken my AD's down and went back to craigslist. Love the site, but damn......

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:16 am 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Yes it does run slow when theres a heavy load on the mautofied server. I do not help nor know anything about the mautofied setup, but as an IT tech i would recommend for mautofied to move the spread the site across 3 dedicated servers on a 1GBPS connection. 1 server for the website, another server for the database and another server for the forums and let the forums and the main site link to the database server. If this was done the load would be spread across multiple servers and would allow for the site to load and be more functional. My buddy has a site (i will not post the link to it) but his takes 6 dedicated servers to run.

Mautofied really needs to beef up there server or servers and do it right. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:07 pm 

Hello, I am a new member. But, unfortunately I cannot spend much time on your site because it is slower than any one I have ever experienced. I just don't have the time to keep waiting when I am seriously trying to locate a classic car that I want to purchase for me now that I am retired and can afford to surf until I find just the right car. I like the exposure to autos in my state that you offer, but something is wrong with the access taking this long to come up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:23 pm 

It kicks to error page all the time..Been going on for some time now since the site was changed to this new format..its gall great and fancy with all the ads, but I think the site is to busy for the server and falls flat on its face..wish it can get fixed..I dont spend too much time on here anymore cause its frusterating :cry: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:56 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Yea I get the hint that you guys are on the same page as me. Ive been here for a while. (not as long as most on here.) But I have noticed it happens during certain hours. I dont know much about servers and such, but it sounds like it would work if you split it up. Are there no mautorators jumping in on this? I would like to hear what their input would be. (not to put any pressure on them) But I am grateful for this site.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:14 am 

We are working on fixing all the site bugs and speeding up the site. There have been a bunch of changes in the last 24 hours so please bare with us. To all the IT guys, we currently have the site split up on many servers, the problems start happening when we reach a very high volume of traffic. There is a lot of fine tuning that has to be done when dealing with this volume of traffic. Mark has been working a lot of sleepless nights lately figuring it all out, so we plan to have Mautofied faster than its ever been on a lot more stable system within the next few days. We thank you all for putting up with the slowness and site downtimes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:58 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Thanks for the update Justin. Glad things are coming along! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:47 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

I think that if Mark gets this done like you say so, then he should get a gold medal around his neck for all this. :lol: :lol:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]