Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: I just 'loooove' dumb trade offers +TIPS ON TRADE OFFERS.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well I have been apart of Mautofied for a llllloooonnnnnggggg time. I usually keep quiet. Sitting behind this screen, patrolling the website to keep it free of keyboard villains and internet renegades!

Well I felt like I just needed to a little venting while throwing some valuable knowledge towards all of you guys out there they love offering your listing plus cash for another...but practice in the art of low balling the cash offer.

So its like, for example, my GSXR10000; that you see listed below. Its not that old, its got quite a bit done to it, and the book on it is $6000 or so. So respectively I would legitimately take $6000 cash for it. More than fair in my opinion. The $7500 price tag is more or less the inflation price so that if someone were going to offer a trade to me they will know where they have to come in around out to get my attention. Lets face it, 99 times out of 100 the trade offers you recieve aren't exactly what you are looking for, so in order for the trade offer to be more of an enticing and satisfying deal, because for you as the seller are in=fact just settling for something less than you want usually, it would need to be perhaps worth more or at least completely fair and on the same level. Or something to that affect. I am sure most of you can attest to this thought. There are some cases where some people might take a loss or a hit because they dont mind trading down for something that really gets their attention. But thats actually not what I am getting at..

This might throw some people under the bus or put them on front street, but the heck with it.

So lets make a scenario. A 2006 Suxuki GSXR1000 posted on here for sale or trade. With decent mods. Very fast. Very clean bike.

Gets some trade offers. Now to save face on behalf of the owners, lets call this trade, Trade X. So Trade X offers for the bike and says hey I will trade you my X for your GSXR1000. Well this Trade X is only priced at $3500, which already is probably a bit inflated for what the X is. Respectively my $7500 GSXR1000 is as well. But there is always room to negotiate. So I ask how much do you want to give with your X for my GSXR1000. Leave the ball in their court. They reply, my X and $300.

So you mean you want to trade me your X that is $3500 which is over priced and ONLY $300 for my GSXR1000 that I would respectively take $6000 for? Are you high???? Come on you have to at least get on level playing fields here. If you are the one trying to meet my expectations $2000 would at least be a respectful attempt, even through $3000 is more the number im looking for.

So after I make a comment and explain to the guy that you must come at me with something better than that. You haven't even came up to par with my cash price. He then says... $1000... a little better but yet still far from even respectful. Get out of here...

So I have gotten quite a few offers for X's like this. Your X is a dime a dozen. Granted it has some nice things done and some money invested, its still just an X, that's a bit older and a small engine sized X and in some cases someone can buy a brand new X for what your asking.

Moral of the story:

Here is a tip to all you Mautofied'er's out there that want to trade up. If you are going to offer something to someone, and your X is significantly less in price than their listing price, and their price isn't exaggerated either, then get smart. The general courtesy rule to trading is you must make it worth their while because they are in fact settling for less than what they wanted so they must achieve more out the deal. So for instance if you are going to offer me a $3500 4 wheeler for my $6000 bike, I at least want $3000 in cash so that the $500 on top makes up for the incentive...and thats only if I feel like your 4 wheeler is actually a $3500 four wheeler.

Thanks
Have a good day.

Post subject: Re: I just 'loooove' dumb trade offers +TIPS ON TRADE OFFERS.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:31 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Uh oh you just said $3500 dollar 4 wheeler..... now we all know who ur talking about!!! lol...

WELL PUT MAN WELL PUT!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

crazychad wrote:
Uh oh you just said $3500 dollar 4 wheeler..... now we all know who ur talking about!!! lol...

WELL PUT MAN WELL PUT!!!

Hey now, I was just making up a random scenario...plus It took multiple stupid offers for me to have to the urge to post this...so its not just one individual. ;) lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:28 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Since you've been here longer than me I won't give you the " Welcome to the game" story !! I like it when you ask for one thing and the offer is not even close !!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]