Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: DO THEY THINK WE ARE STUPID OR WHAT??????
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:08 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

OK. I have had nothing but good luck from this site but damn. I agreed to trade this guy my 1991 Trans Am Convertible for his 1998 Trans Am Coupe. I had just restored my car and it is in mint condition throughout and i told the guy that also. I told him i just had it painted professionally and it is a Base/Clear paint job. I was 100% truthful with him and said the most my car needed was 2 new tires. I told him my title was clean and clear also.

The guy tells me that his car is Mint too. Clear title etc. He said it has a lot of new parts and was also painted Base/Clear by a pro shop. Now i would not be mad if the car needed a little work or was not all the way perfect, i know the ls1 cars get a lot of money. But i assumed the car would be pretty nice. I cleaned up my TA and drove to Dayton Ohio.

I waited there for 15 minutes and then he shows. At first glance i could tell the car was beat. The paint hardly shined and the car looked rough. I could hear an exhaust leak but still i was interested. I understand if the car needed some work, i was up for it. Once i get out of the car i go to look at his car. He shuts it down and starts freaking out about my car. Wow man, this this looks like it just rolled off the showroom, the guy said. I agreed and let him look my car over. His friend immediately jumps underneath of my car and tells his friend to look at how clean my frame was. Not even 1 minute later they ask for a test drive. I agree and they drive the car around and park back in the parking lot. His friend was telling the guy to trade for my car.

He then says i have my title, let's just do this now. I then respond, Hey is it cool if i check out your car? He says sure. While i am looking at the car i start to notice a lot of Jerry Rigging. No inner fenders, sand marks in the paint, the clear is peeling on the bumpers and roof, the rims were Rashed pretty bad. Even after seeing that i was still interested, that would be as long as other things checked out. After opening the hood i could easily see that the car was wrecked before, no inner bumper, no turn signals, no air bags, no A/C, New core support, some coolant was leaking from the head gasket, loose headlights, loose bumper. The hood needed a coat hanger to open it.

He started the car and it had a noticeable miss, probably from a faulty opti spark. the guy then starts to give pitiful excuses on how the car ended up in such bad condition. I then look under the car and see that the entire rear, and the passenger and driver side floor pans are rusted through. The rubber backing on the carpet was the only thing holding the seats up. The interior was in tattered shape and almost every part of it needed replaced, it also smelled like a ashtray. 3 of the 4 struts were gone. All 4 tires were bald, the exhaust needed to be fully replaced. After seeing that i knew i did not want to trade. He had his title out already and i asked him to let me see it just for kicks. What do you know, the Title was a Rebuilt/Salvage title.

I then tell the guy, sorry man i can't trade. He then tells me that he already changed his insurance and that he already has my car traded for a Mustang. I then tell him that is not going to happen. He gets into his car then Smokes the whole parking lot up. Then proceeds to smoke the tires into the intersection. The car stalls sitting in between intersections in the street, blocking traffic in one of the 3 lanes. He tries to start the car unsuccessfully. The cars stalled and is now smoking pretty badly and it looks like a blown head gasket. I feel bad for the guy so i decided to give him a $50.00 bill for towing. He was mad and said that it was my fault and refused the money. I still kept my cool and drove off. What a sad story.

Post subject: Re: DO THEY THINK WE ARE STIPID OR WHAT??????
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:21 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Man I wish I couldve rode with you there to see it. ohhhh man. :shock: Nice story though looked as if you had nothing to do. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:47 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

That's pretty good !! The $50 would have been the icing on the cake !! Its funny how most of us run into this crap. I was in a simular situation, was gonna trade till his buddy told me that he had mine already traded for another one, was stupid enough to tell me where it was !! Remembered it from this site, didn't do the deal and came out ahead by trading the other car !! Yep, I'm an ass !!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: SOMETIMES 2 CENTS ARE PRICELESS

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:31 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Did you really misspell "stupid" when asking the question "Do they think we are stupid?"

:lol:

Yes, you did.

And yes, I think you're stupid.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:47 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Lol. I did spell stupid wrong. Yeah, this one goes into the books for sure. The guy called me back today and told me to take down this post, i refused. He said the radiator blew and it is not the head gasket. Lol. He made sure he pointed out the BRAND NEW RADIATOR in his car when he showed it to me. Undoubtedly it was replaced because of the previous wreck.

Post subject: Re: DO THEY THINK WE ARE STUPID OR WHAT??????
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:35 pm 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Problem solved.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:42 pm 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

OUTCAST13 wrote:
That's pretty good !! The $50 would have been the icing on the cake !! Its funny how most of us run into this crap. I was in a simular situation, was gonna trade till his buddy told me that he had mine already traded for another one, was stupid enough to tell me where it was !! Remembered it from this site, didn't do the deal and came out ahead by trading the other car !! Yep, I'm an ass !!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: SOMETIMES 2 CENTS ARE PRICELESS

HOPE THIS ISN'T WHEN U DID THIS TO ME DAWG......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:02 pm 

Ive made some good trades on here and met some good people, I enjoy it when it happens that way but it isnt always easy to make a deal and not everyone is honest. you gotta admit its pretty funny until it happens to you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:31 pm 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

Wow, way to keep ur cool and even offered to help him out. Nice to see there are honest people still out there. I've made a trade just because I felt bad and wanted to help them out. Screwing myself in the end just because I agreed to trade before we even met. If there is 1 thing you have, its your word.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:23 pm 

Man I hate when people straight up lie!!! Been done that way several times. One just happened to me recently. It was not so much about the trade as it was he kept me waiting for 2 1/2 hours!! I was pissed to say the least.....good lesson is don't deal with 18 yr old's that have DUI's. ;)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]