Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: car title problems
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:34 pm 

i just bought a car and its in one person name and they signed it over to someone else and they didnt get it in there name and i bought it off of them. can i get it in my name? thanks deven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:16 pm 

not sure what state you are in but in my state you need aa affidavit of alteration that needs to be sighned by the guy that is on the front of title but thats in arkansas i'm sure you can go down to your local dmv and ask them

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:55 am 
Ranking Member
Ranking Member

man they can get in big trouble for that . I know in wv you can go to jail for that they call it title jumping. I would go to the dmv and tell them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:24 pm 

DONT DO THAT! That will cause more heartache for you too! All you do is go to the DMV with the title you have, and dont say a word about WHO you bought it from. They will assume you bought it from the person on the title (as long as the person on the title is the same person who signed it). In other words dont say S H I T !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:08 pm 

the person who had the title in there name signed it over to his girlfriend but then before she got it in her name she sold it to me and said she would come back to sign it over to me and never came back. and i dont know how to get it in my name. and i guess my question is can i get it in my name?

thanks deven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If she signed the back of the title as "buyer" then there is really nothing you can do. At that point, SHE HAS TO finish the process of putting that particular vehicle into her name, while in the mean time making a bill of sale to you thats very stipulated towards the cir[censored]stances that you and her have. BUT the problem with that, is you will not be able to register the truck til the title comes back in her name so that she can sign it off to you, which takes a couple of weeks.

IF she DID NOT sign the back of the title as "buyer" and its still open, then you are good to go. Sign the title and register it. Just like he said, just dont say [censored].

OR, another route, which I have seen done, is if you read carefully, on SOME titles, it says "buyer(s)"... well just sign your name next to hers and register it as yours and her truck, and when it comes time for you to sell/trade, you just have to have authorization from her as well that says it is ok for you to sell it or trade it off to someone.

Those are your ONLY ways of doing it correctly.

You could always, 'loose' the title and then send off for a bonded title, but bonded titles arent good to have.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:30 pm 

I agree with Redirwol1. I dont know what state you are in, but in Wisconsin if she was in line with you, The whole thing would take about an hour!!! (depending on the line)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:48 pm 

i looked at it and where it transferee's / buyer's printed name and signature thats blank. so hopefully they let me get it in my name. but i live in ohio. and the title place is gay about everything. so i dont know.

thanks deven

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]