Register | Login

Mautofied Community

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: To shave or not??? Door handles Opinions
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:31 am 

[COLOR=MAGENTA]Ok, have a 97 4 door cavalier.... are currently getting ready to repaiint.. We are shaving a bunch of body lines this time, and molding in the bumpers. The side skirts have already been molded and the deck lid shaved ( except for trunk lock, which is going. My ? is how many regret shaving your door handles, and would you do it on a 4 door. My husband has a 96 Cavalier, and admits while it looks good, he hates em.. I think the car would look better, but I don't want to regret it .. Was just looking for others opinions.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:10 am 

This is certainly something that I have to agree with your husband on. Shaved door handles look killer and you can't beat the look but if you plan to drive it everyday, then definalty think twice about it. The problem with a daily driver being shaved is,...anything can happen, battery goes dead you better have a back up plan. Solonoid goes bad, same thing, relay goes bad......and so on. Things that can happen that you can't help. I don't care who you are, or how good you wire things up, the unexpected always happens and it happens at the worst time. I can't help but shave everything I get only to regret it later and kick myself in the rear when Im left out in the cold rain trying to jimmy my way in....lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:46 am 

Thanks !!! I will go ahead and clarify,,, its not an everyday driver, got an 07 G6 vert for that,

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:01 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

Do it!!! It looks very clean. I had shaved handles on my C1500. Just make sure to put a pull cable in the most non-conspicuous place.   Even though my battery never died etc., I had a release cable mounted in my tire well and if I ever need to get in - I could.

Just make sure you have a back up (non electrical) way to get in your car if needed to.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:15 pm 

^^^ agreed I had a '98 Cavy all shaved and such, did it up real nice, was a daily, and sometimes silos do go bad, so best to have a manual realease cable Auto-Loc carries em...never failed I could always get in, before i got rid of it, it sat for 3 months and the alarm drained the battery, BUT I could still get in hehe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:37 am 

well, I decided!! shaved it is!!!!! Kit will be here Fri... Thanks for the responses...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:05 am 
Mautofied Veteran
Mautofied Veteran

GOOD CHOICE!! It will look clean- Post some pics after you get your car back.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:45 am 

I 'll get some up soon.... We do all the work ourselves, so its in the garage, which now reminds me its time to go sand on the door jambs

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]